Shiny black craft lace - Cousin
Orange pony beads - Cousin
Acrylic black spike beads – Cousin
3 black jump rings
1 black toggle clasp
1. Use scissors to cut six 2 foot strands of craft lace.
2. Tape the strands vertically to a work surface (similar to macramé), leaving approximately 5 inches of lace at the top to add the toggle clasp when finished.
3. Begin the weaving pattern as follows:
Row 1 –
Strand 1: add spike bead and slide all the way to the tape
Strands 2 & 3: add pony bead over both strands, slide to tape
Strands 4 & 5: add pony bead over both strands, slide to tape
Strand 6: add spike bead and slide all the way to tape
Row 2 –
Strand 1 & 2: add pony bead over both strands
Strand 3 & 4: add pony bead over both strands
Strands 5 & 6: add pony bead over both strands
4. Repeat pattern until bracelet is desired length.
5. Open black jump ring, add another jump ring and the bar part of the toggle clasp, close jump ring.
6. Bring all 6 long ends together and slide end jump ring over them.
7. Slide jump ring up to the beads and tie an overhand knot, pull tight, so strands are all hanging at the end of the knot.
8. Depending on the length you would like to leave the dangles, tie an overhand knot on one strand, add a pony bead, tie another overhand knot to keep the bead in place. Trim as desired.
9. Repeat on all 6 strands, varying location of beads and length of lace.
10. Open last jump ring, add round part of toggle clasp, close jump ring.
11. Remove tape at the other end of bracelet, bring all 6 shorter ends together, slide on jump ring and tie overhand knot. Trim to about 3 inches.
(use caution if wearing around children, spikey beads are a little sharp)
Blog - http://www.abeadaday.blogspot.com/
Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/abeadaday